Sign up to be informed about FOE activities, and receive our newsletter.
Don't worry; we won't abuse your email address. Read our privacy statement.
PO Box 29-016
Ngaio, Wellington 6443
Australian breakthrough on food labelling
Australia is developing a Health Star Rating System. It shows promise as a useful and achievable front-of-pack food labelling system for New Zealand. It has strong support from public health and consumer groups in Australia. FOE supports it too.
Public Health Expert
This blog about public heath issues features experts from the University of Otago.
Parents Voice now on the web
Parents Voice is a website for New Zealand parents, grandparents and guardians. It’s a place to have a say about creating a healthier food and physical activity environment for New Zealand children. Other interested people are welcome to join too. They also have a busy Facebook page.
Children’s food advertising code
The Advertising Standards Authority released a new advertising code for children’s food in May 2010. FOE doubts it will make a difference to the deluge of junk food advertising children see.
Gareth Morgan’s health blog
Gareth Morgan and his team of bloggers have their say on what needs to be done to reduce obesity in New Zealand.
Latest newsSubscribe to RSS
- Obesity News 183
- Obesity News 182
- Obesity News 181
- Australian Food and Grocery Council accused of backing away from agreed scheme over food labelling
- Obesity News 180
- NZ: What to do about obesity? Have your vote
- Pacific nations at risk of being bankrupted by diabetes
- US: As cost of sugary drinks goes up, sales go down
- Evidence that taxing sugary drinks reduces the obesity rate
- NZ: Kiwi kids turning into telly tubbies